Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Maran HaGaon HaRav Aharon Yehuda Leib Shteinman zt"l

When I saw the report, I was... just so saddened.  Our beloved Gadol HaDor, the zeide of Klal Yisroel, Maran HaGaon HaRav Aharon Yehuda Leib Shteinman zt"l, has passed on.  Baruch Dayan HaEmes.  Although I did not know him personally, he meant so, so much to me, and my eyes have filled with tears as I wrote this.

There are not many things I can say.  For such a Gadol like this, I am much too lowly to speak.  

But my dear brothers and sisters!  I think that what we can do is try to take along his legacy.  Take Rav Shteinman with us.  His message of Torah, Mitzvos, middos and Achdus -- and overall, the effort, even in weakness, to serve HaKadosh Baruch Hu the best we can.  Indeed, in his will he said that anyone who wished to help him should learn a chapter of Mishnayos each day for the 12 months (for women to do, 10 chapters of Tehillim each day).  

What he did at his advanced age shows us just how much we can do with Hashem's Help.  Yehi zichro Baruch.  May his memory be for a blessing.

Here are some videos and pictures of Maran in his memory.  

Photo courtesy of kuvien
Photo courtesy of israelnationalnews

Photo courtesy of Yeshiva World News

Photo courtesy of VozIzNeias

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia

Photo courtesy of SmugMug

Kol Tuv and a very, very Freilichen Chanukah to you all and your families, my dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment